Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Post 2 - Which artifact shoul I revisit?

Looking back on my portfolio since entering Concordia University I found that the majority of my Design work has been collaborative, excepting a few which I didn’t necessary feel were as resolved or as strong as the collaborative works. It was at that moment I realized that I hadn’t ever thought of what drives the work that I do and why. It has always been about fulfilling project requirements in order to get a good grade.

Previous to entering the Design Art program, I hadn’t really planned on pursuing a career in the Design field. I studied Fine Arts at Dawson after graduating from High School and then entered the Computation Arts program at Concordia while still taking a few courses in Drawing and Painting as it is a love that is difficult to shake.

Not really being able to decide what I wanted to do creatively in the future was reflected in the work that I did as the themes weren’t consistent which a definite weak point in my portfolio.
It wasn’t until my second year in this program that I began to understand the process of Design and what an incredible vehicle it was in more ways than being purely about aesthetics.
Which is why my top 3 selections are from last year as well as this year and most are collaborative, but I definitely feel that I played an important role in the finished products.

No comments:

Post a Comment